Le Maitre Freeze Fog vs LSG MKII

Les

Any opinions on who makes the best Low Fog Generator? I have seen the LSG MKII a lot in the wild, but I know that Le Maitre has their Freeze Fog out there as well. Any experience with either one would be great. I am looking for a replacement/addition to our dry ice units (depending on how things go).

Thanks!

I'm a huge fan of the LSGs. Good clean fog, and will run forever. Just make sure you can source out C02 (or Nitrogen) dewar tanks. The only issues I have run into with these is the PF9D foggers heating block dying.

I have used both quite extensively, and while they are both great units we opted to purchase the Freeze Fog units with Geforce 3 smoke machines. The LSG MKII's that I have used in the past have been rented from Communilux Productions here in Dalllas and are older units using the G300 smoke machines. The biggest difference I have seen between the two units is the CO2 consumption rate. The MKII will usually burn through a 180liter dewar in about 1 hour while the Freeze Fog units will last 1.5-2 hours running continuously on one dewar. That being said, we still spec them out at 1 tank per hour when putting them on a show, because you never know just how full the dewars are...
The other big factor with purchasing the Freeze Fog for us was that we are technically dealers for LeMaitre and received a much better pricing at the time we purchased the units over the cost of the MKII. Even if the pricing was the same, I think the extended run time of the Freeze Fog definitely wins out. As far as the look of the low smoke, both seem to produce an almost identical look.

Reactions: Les

Users who are viewing this thread

Back