LED Dimmable replacements for 300W Globes

We have 10 frosted globes in our church hanging from a vaulted ceiling. The 300W mogul based bulbs put out 3 candle watts down at the floor. We need to go brighter of course, and yet stop replacing bulbs all of the time. Would be worth $500 or even $1,000 per LED bulb to find an equivalent fit or even with an adapter. The bulbs hang upside down in the large frosted spherical globes.

Any brands / models I can be looking at?

I don't think you'll find a retrofit LED lamp that is equivalent to much more than 100 watts of incandescent, and those are PAR style.

TCP makes a 60 watt equivalent - maybe a mogul to medium adapter, 7 wye sockets, and 8 of those lamps might fit and workand put out more light. I think they are 10 or 12 watts each and the elite designer series even dim better than most LED retrofits on mains dimming.

Google "dual light bulb socket adapter" and "TCP lighting" for products.

If these go back to a dimming system, be sure to check if the replacement will be compatible and dim well before spending the money!

Thanks for documenting the energy and maintenance savings within your church building John. Being proactive was a wise choice. All good stuff!

We have 10 frosted globes in our church hanging from a vaulted ceiling. The 300W mogul based bulbs put out 3 candle watts down at the floor. We need to go brighter of course, and yet stop replacing bulbs all of the time. Would be worth $500 or even $1,000 per LED bulb to find an equivalent fit or even with an adapter. The bulbs hang upside down in the large frosted spherical globes.

Any brands / models I can be looking at?

Contact Aerotech for a possible longer life solution and wait because technology is getting there but not quite there yet I think.
Now to the specifics... what "frosted globes" at 300w E-39 (mogul base) are you defining? Measure the globe in either inches or better yet 1/8 of an inch increments, and the MOL or overall length of the lamp.
Further note, in measuring foot candles one wants to measure say 3' off the floor for an audience area by way of where the light is used - just as when measuring light on stage one measures as per the actor's faces. Good work done so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back