LED Identification

lightlab

Can anyone identify the LED fixture in the attached image?

The previous TD/designer died very suddenly (which is how I got the job) and no one else knows what they are or where a manual might be. I've spent all morning trying to figure out how to get the control set up with no luck. None of the generic profiles on the element seem to work properly and I can't find them in previous show files.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
3 pin XLR DMX and no labels looks to be Chinese.
Step 1: Set the address dip switches to an address of 001
Step 2: Set your board channels and patch to 1-1 output for at least the first 12 channels.
Step 3: Plug it in and see what each of the controls do.

3 of them should be 0-100 RGB, One of them may be overall intensity, One may be effects such as strobe or fixed color. Enough playtime should yield enough information to write a profile.

If all else fails, have someone with technical qualifications open the thing up and see if the manufacturer left any evidence of who they were on any of the inside components.

You might also need to have switch #10 on, which MIGHT activate dmx mode. I had some dip switch LED products once that did that.

The first thing I would do would be to look for old show files and load them up. I doubt the previous person would have used them without a profile, and the show files should show any fixtures that were used and you could track it down that way, or at least narrow it down to one of a few fixtures to try out. If that doesn't work then I agree with JD and Len, between their advice you should be good to go. I would expect it to be between 4-8 channels. Overall dimmer, channels for RGB, and maybe an amber or white, but I doubt it there wasn't a lot of amber or white being added in the days of dip switches for addressing. There is usually a strobe channel, and then a couple of channels with built in chases, maybe a sound active mode, etc.

Sure look like an Elation OPTI RGB

0 - 255

RED
0% 100%
page5image5344

0 - 255

GREEN 0% 100%
page5image7720

0 - 255

BLUE 0% 100%
page5image10096

16 - 255

COLOR MACRO

0 - 15 16 - 255

NOTHING STROBING/SPEED CONTROL

0 - 31
32 - 63 64 - 95 96 - 127
128 - 159 160 - 191 192 - 223 224 - 255

NOTHING DIMMING CONTROL DIM BRIGHT
page5image18456

BRIGHT
DIM BRIGHT DIM
COLOR MIXING 3 COLOR CHANGE 7 COLOR CHANGE SOUND ACTIVE
DIM
page5image20928
page5image21352
page5image21776

0 - 255

DIMMING 0% 100%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Sure look like an Elation OPTI RGB

That's the problem though, the Chinese sure have no problem sharing case designs! Often, there is a major vendor like Elation, and then 5 or 6 other companies who put out a product that looks identical but is a no-name. Elation is pretty good about marking their products, but who knows. You could try the Elation values and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back