led video panel

Are you looking for brand reliability or at a certain price point? What kind of pixel pitch do you need? Are you limited as to what output you can send them?

This may sound harsh, but if you don't know what pixel pitch is then you are WAY out of your depth in trying to purchase outdoor LED panels.

This stuff is expensive so there would be much wisdom in having someone who knows what they are talking about and isn't trying to sell it to you being involved...

so then teach me...
Thankfully your first step in learning is to click on pixel pitch (which will take you to our wiki on the subject (on CB anyword in our wiki is underlined by a dotted yellow line). Next why don't you tell us more about the application and what your needs for it are, whats the show is rock and roll, is it a movie, a stageplay backdrop?

Thankfully your first step in learning is to click on pixel pitch (which will take you to our wiki on the subject (on CB anyword in our wiki is underlined by a dotted yellow line). Next why don't you tell us more about the application and what your needs for it are, whats the show is rock and roll, is it a movie, a stageplay backdrop?

ok, will do that..

first off, it is for a indoor event under a tent, but after that the video wall will be used for concert stage back drop and live concert play back video screen

So I realised that when I said expensive, that's a somewhat ambiguous term...

Depending of course on size, pixel pitch and a vast number of other things, this purchase could be expected to cost from a couple of hundred K up easily into the couple of million dollars.

This is a lot of money and you need to have a solid business case for the purchase, a part of which is around the needs of the people who are going to be hiring this for you to recoup your costs...

As an example, a 20mm pixel pitch is quite acceptable for outdoor big screen applications where the audience aren't too close, but would be of limited use indoors.
A tight pixel pitch like you would generally want indoors may be hard to obtain in a IP rating adequate for outdoor use.
Likewise, there are some big differences in brightness requirements.

All of this without even starting to consider whether you're feeding CV, SDI, HD-SDI, 3G-SDI, something off a media server or any number of other input sources...

So I realised that when I said expensive, that's a somewhat ambiguous term...

Depending of course on size, pixel pitch and a vast number of other things, this purchase could be expected to cost from a couple of hundred K up easily into the couple of million dollars.

This is a lot of money and you need to have a solid business case for the purchase, a part of which is around the needs of the people who are going to be hiring this for you to recoup your costs...

As an example, a 20mm pixel pitch is quite acceptable for outdoor big screen applications where the audience aren't too close, but would be of limited use indoors.
A tight pixel pitch like you would generally want indoors may be hard to obtain in a IP rating adequate for outdoor use.
Likewise, there are some big differences in brightness requirements.

All of this without even starting to consider whether you're feeding CV, SDI, HD-SDI, 3G-SDI, something off a media server or any number of other input sources...

ok. well i am looking to use in a room that is 100'x160' and a screen size of 4M x 4M. six screens in total. i would like to use it to do live video and from a media server. but after the event, i had plans on using it for outdoor events

I don't know what your budget is but if these numbers are out of your range you can also look to rentals. Not only are you spending less money up front you don't have to maintain them and if you need it inside this show, then outside the next you can just rent a different set.

first off, it is for a indoor event under a tent, but after that the video wall will be used for concert stage back drop and live concert play back video screen
well i am looking to use in a room that is 100'x160' and a screen size of 4M x 4M. six screens in total. i would like to use it to do live video and from a media server. but after the event, i had plans on using it for outdoor events
So six 4m x 4m LED displays that can be used outdoors along with a full graphics and live video production system for content creation. That can be done and I'm sure a number of CB members could help, but they may first want to be sure that you have a reasonable understanding of and expectations for the financial and personnel resources that would require.

If someone threw out a $1,000,000 budget for hardware and the need for five or more qualified techs/operators (cameras, switcher, graphics, director/floor manager, etc.) would you respond "is that all", "that's about what I thought", "that's a little more than I planned" or "what can I do for some small fraction of that"? I have not done anything to confirm is that is a reasonable budget number but if you have some small fraction of it or don't have the related technical resources available then that could have a significant impact and should probably be identified as early as possible.

My experience is that if you have the people and resources needed to setup and operate these types of systems effectively then in most situations they can usually providea pretty good idea of what is required including their personal preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back