DMX control of white LED

SeandeeTD

I know there are a million DMX Decoders out there for RGB LED strip lights, but are there any for white LED? I dont want to have to waste the channels if I dont have to and they all look like they have power/R/G/B outputs. I just want to be able to fade white LED tape like I do RGB. Am I crazy or looking for the wrong thing?

There's no reason you can't use an RGB "decoder" for multiple channels of white LED tape - it all comes down to power draw. If there are R,G,B, and + contacts, just wire the (+) from each channel/run of white LED tape together, then the (-) from each run to the R, G, and B contacts. Now instead of RGB, you have W1, W2, W3.

Amps/watts per channel and total amperage limit of the decoder and power supply still apply.

There's no reason you can't use an RGB "decoder" for multiple channels of white LED tape - it all comes down to power draw. If there are R,G,B, and + contacts, just wire the (+) from each channel/run of white LED tape together, then the (-) from each run to the R, G, and B contacts. Now instead of RGB, you have W1, W2, W3.

Amps/watts per channel and total amperage limit of the decoder and power supply still apply.
I do just this same thing. except I use RED LED. 3 strips installed in a fireplace so I can run effects over them to simulate the fire flicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back