LED wash comparison - input, please.

mpbld

Hey, all.

Starting to look toward replacing our seriously aging Mac 2k washes. Definitely going LED. I have a line on some B-stock HES Solawashes with very low hours. They are asking 2k per unit with road case. Also considering new Chauvet Rogue 3s, at about $2,400 per unit (no case) and Elation Platinum Seven, at about $3,300 per unit (B-stock, no case). To be clear, I cannot go any higher. Yes, there are units I would rather spec. No, I can't, so please respond in regards to your thoughts on these three fixtures and how they compare, or comparable fixtures in that price range that you would suggest I have a look at.

I truly appreciate any thoughts that you might have. Thanks in advance!!!

I just ordered Rogue R3 washes for my new space, I've heard great things about them from here and other places and am looking forward to getting them. Contact your dealer though, $2400 seems a bit high, I am getting my for a bit under $1,900 a unit.

I would recommend used MAC Auras. You could get more fixtures than a 1:1 replacement for the budget.

For replacing Mac2K Washes, I definitely think the Rogue R3 is a solid unit. They're seriously bright and offer great section control. The lensing on them is the pebble-style lenses which in my experience are much better than the older style lenses like the Solawash. I can't speak directly to the R3s in particular, but we've got a bunch of R2 and R1 washes and they've been rock solid units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back