Control/Dimming Leprecon LP-2000 question?

cnnrward

Does the Leprecon LP-2000 have a monitor? At our school we have a 48/96 Colotran Innovator and we would like to replace it as it constantly crashes. If it doesn't are there other (CHEAP/USED) consoles that would be good to replace it with?

The lp2000 is no longer made. Most schools will not by used. Only time I have gotten away with used is when I give them a full new warranty with onsite support and about 10 training sessions. I would also never sell a school something that was discontinued. What are you trying to control? How many dimmers any movers or dmx accessories. Not all consoles need a monitor they just aren't necessary with them. What I would recommend as a replacement is one of etc's new consoles such as the element. When consoles are discontinued it usually because the electronic components are no longer made.

I agree with the idea of getting something more current. If your school can afford the ETC, push for it. If you become proficient on a newer board, you'll probably use those skills outside of high school. Chances are good that you'll run into another ETC board in college or community theater.

Although the LP-2000 is no longer made (and hasn't been for quite some time), it is still supported and repaired by Leprecon. The computer link mentioned above I think was just for storing patch/submaster data, not displaying levels.

Leprecon's current midrange console is the LPC, and there's also a faders-only version (called the Little Wing) that uses a separate user-supplied computer running the LPC software.

Otherwise, you might look at some small 24 channel two-scene preset boards as a stop-gap measure.

If you can find an old purple ETC Obsession that would work well. It may be horrible at running anything other than conventionals, but it runs conventionals just fine. If the Obsession II is "the BatBoard", the Obsession 1/regular Obsession is the "Mauve Monster". Again, just don't try to run movers on it as movers. It will crash the console. Just straight dimmers and it's rock solid. If it's a very old model I'd swap out the floppy drive and the hard drive. You'll want to clone the hard drive to a new one and then clone that once you confirm it works so you have a backup, just in case.

Now is probably a great time to find a used Express for sale.

Now, not that I really endorse them, but if you have to buy new, the Leviton Innovator series is basically a clone of the Express with tons of fader handles. I've seen a few in lowest bidder installs.

If you are looking for a used LP-2000, I currently have one up for sale. It is in excellent condition and its the Cue Plus 72 version.

Let me know if you interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back