Level for Projector Alignment

metti

I am looking to pick up a 9-12" torpedo level for helping in setting up projectors that are being flown. My concern is that every single one I can find for sale includes some sort of rare earth magnet to allow it to stick to metal surfaces. Is there any reason that I should be concerned about putting strongish magnets against a projector?

I wouldn't be concerned and would consider a magnetic mount on the spirit level a feature. In some cases, a strong magnet can deflect the arc from the xenon lamp, but you're not likely to be near the lamp.

Although not as accurate, perhaps I'd recommend a circular bubble level for ease of use.
proxy.php

Prime Products 28-0201 CIRCULAR Rv Bubble Level

Hasn't been a problem in my experience. Used a level with a magnet to level projectors every week for a year and didn't see any issues from it.
I'm sure that some years from now some study will probably find it to cause brain tumors or something that lawyers can then go after as class actions suits where only they really profit from it. ;)

I'm sure that some years from now some study will probably find it to cause brain tumors or something that lawyers can then go after as class actions suits where only they really profit from it. ;)
LOL
"Call 1-800-BAD-MAGNET!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back