The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

light design programs

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by soundop, Jul 9, 2006.

1. soundop

soundop Active Member

are there programs where i can put in the theater blue print and light bars thatl help design lights?

2. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

There are many past threads on lighting design programs, run a search for them. I'd do it right now, but I've gotta run to see the rest of the world cup match. Anyway, there are more than a few threads out about this, just search a few different terms.

3. zac850

zac850 Well-Known Member

There are many programs out there that allow you to do this (since every professional theater Lighting Designer draws up a lighting plot with just that information on it). I use Vectorworks, which is a very good application and is used by much of the professional world. The rest of the professional world seems to use AutoCAD, which I have never tried but I have heard good things about.

If you want something that is free, I would refer you to this thread: http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3622. If you do a search of the forum you will find several topics about lighting plot software.

4. mbandgeek

mbandgeek Active Member

you can plot lights in almost any cad program or even in paint. I have plotted lights in autocad. It may not have the templates but take some time and make your own.