Control/Dimming light jockey problem

djraid

hey guys! i recently got hired as a technical director at a nightclub and while i know a lot about sound and video lighting is still a bit foreign to me so maybe you guys can help -

our nightclub is running lightjockey and for some reason one light is not changing colors with the rest of them when i select a new cue - it just stays on whatever color setting the wheel was on when i start it up. at first i thought there was something physically wrong with the motion of the wheel, but after several restarts (close lj, turn of breakers, reset breakers, open lj) i noticed that each time i restarted it was a different color. the colors box in the fixture controls is not reading anything different from any of the other lights and it moves as its supposed to, just wont change colors from whatever its at after startup. the fixture is an elation powerspot 575 and im using the 2532 direct access window to select cues...

so what am i missing?

Troubleshooting 101:
1. Is the fixture address and mode correct?
2. Does that match the controller address (i.e., are they both the same)?
3. Does the controller have control over the light when not running a pre-saved cue? Can you grab the light from the controller and move it around, turn it on/off, etc.?
4. Can you set it to whatever color you want on command?

If all of that is working, you've got bad data in your programming. HOWEVER,
i noticed that each time i restarted it was a different color. the colors box in the fixture controls is not reading anything different from any of the other lights and it moves as its supposed to, just wont change colors from whatever its at after startup.

There's your problem. You have a bad motor or a bad sensor in the fixture. It'll need repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back