Lighting Boards

AntoineMo

I am currently looking at the ETC Element 40 for the high school and am looking for other comparable models from other companies. Any suggestions would be fantastic.

Strand Preset Pallet of some version would be a close competitor. Their 250ML is a fair step down from the Element even though it looks similar. It is FAR less expensive!

I have been told they are shortly to have a major software upgrade, with luck it will upgrade the look of the screens.

Strand Classic Palette or Preset Palette's are the best alternative to the Element (all Strand "Palette/Light Palette" consoles run the same software, they just have different board configurations). I find the Strand software a little easier to teach than Element because it's very "windowsy" feeling software. If you are used to computers you will quickly feel at home in the Strand software. On the flip side, ETC is the big dog in the industry (Strand #2). If you buy an Element, students are learning on a console they are more likely to find out there in the pro world so the slightly higher learning curve means skills that they can take with them on the job. Perhaps most important is ETC's reputation for standing behind their products. Strand is working hard to improve their customer service reputation, and is doing a much better job servicing their current product line, but they have a history of abandoning previous product lines. If you have a Strand 300/500 (the previous product line) they don't make parts for it anymore and Strand can't help you with repairs. If you have the first light board ETC ever made 20+ years ago, they proudly still stand behind it and will repair it for you.
Call your local dealer and get hands on demos of both products before you buy.

Look no further than the element!! WOW! The console is okay , but using the eos software makes it a professional piece of gear! it might not be the most friendly when it comes to intelligent fixtures but its industry standard lower console. If students want to be lighting designers in theatre they will probably end up using ETC stuff all the time so to familarise the software at a younger age would be a fantastic idea. Im also looking for a console for school and would be happy to give you my advice! Drop me a message if you need anything!!

Also look at Zero 88 Orb/Solution!! Great Console!!

Elliott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back