Lighting Rental

mbandgeek

Im looking for a lighting rental place in Charlotte, NC area.

Im planning on doing some DJ work over the summer for the local high School band. I have been a member of this organization for 7 years, so I am doing this with a small budget of $500-600, but i want it to be done well.

Here is a short list of what i think i will need:

4 Mac 250 entours
8 Led par 64's
2 pairs of crank stands
40' triangle truss
2 hazers
DMX cables

The floor i am covering is approx 30'x40' +/- 5' I am going to be controlling this using a laptop and an Enttec DMX Dongle. And i have 7 20a circuits to work with.

I have a budget of around $500-$600 and I need this setup for 2 days can this be done? Any idea on how much this will cost me along with any suggestions to get a better value of this system would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
So few shops publish a price list (as they are fairly meaningless, just like MSRP) it's hard to say. Here's one shop that lists the Entours at $125/week, which seems about right. Since this is your highest ticket item, settling for something lesser (Studio Spot 250, MAC250, Elation something, et cetera, even Intellabeams or Technobeams:!:) might make the budget possible.

The only way to know for sure is to talk to your local shops, and be flexible in your needs/wants.

Depending on the size of the room, two hazers may be excessive. Probably less expenisve to run one unit longer, and to make friends with the venue's HVAC technician.

Derek is absolutely correct.

The movers are your big ticket item and flexibility there will help. However, I think your budget is still several hundred too low.

How about cutting the number of movers to three, one set of crank stands, and 30' of trussing?

I'm thinking about having a single truss cut straight through the center of the dance floor With the movers on 12' centers and the 8 LED pars dividing the remaining space evenly. I think that would still give me the effect that i am trying to achieve.

The only company I know of in the Charlotte area is Alpha lighting and sound. For the few years that I did live in Charlotte, they are the only company that I actually have heard of around there. I did a little bit of work with them as a volunteer for the Charlotte Symphony summer concert series. I would give them a call for sure and see if they can work something out, or make any suggestions.

Charlotte, nc Sound and Light: Alpha Sound And Light

Users who are viewing this thread

Back