Lighting Technologies Topic

Hey everyone,
Im in a class right now called Lighting technologies and i have to write a research paper, I have a few ideas of what to write it on but i want to get some creative ideas from you guys here, The paper can be anything about lighting, I want to have a topic that will make everyone go "**** thats an awesome Topic". So if you guys have any ideas please let me know.
Thanks guys

Plasma discharge lighting: how it works and how it will change the way we light theatre.

Plasma discharge lighting: how it works and how it will change the way we light theatre.

You've now made me curious about this. I tried googleing it but only really came up with the plasma lamps people play with. Could you, or the original poster elaborate on this?

You've now made me curious about this. I tried googleing it but only really came up with the plasma lamps people play with. Could you, or the original poster elaborate on this?

Check out the lamps that are used in the Robe ROBIN 300 and the Seachanger Nemo. Plasma discharge lamps. Called lifi lamps and made by the Luxim corporation.

Also, make sure to check out scientific documents on the theory of why they work, which are available. Youll have to work, but Plasma Discharge is going to make a huge impact in this industry, and it would be worth learning a lot more about.

Wow thats pretty cool, i've never heard of that and i'm hoping my teacher hasn't either. Now are these going to re-revolutionize what the HPL lamp already did in the Source 4? thanks for the ideas guys, I appreciate it. More ideas are welcome and i can even combine ideas into the paper.

WIRELESS ELECTRICITY!!!!

HAHA ok just kidding...
Plasma is a newer tech in the lighting world I went to a few panels about it at USITT.

What about discussing the good/bad of the different types of lamps (plasma, arc, xenon, led, incandescent), how they work (look for the LAMP manufacturers documentation), and where the industry is going with them.

**** you guys rock. I think i'm going to try and combine all that. Just talk extensively about each one and pros and cons as well as how the plasma lamps might revolutionize theatre and concert lighting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back