Lighting upgrade or yippee federal money!

LEDs for the cyc aren't bad idea but I would stay away from top light LEDs. It works but it could have undesirable results on sets and costumes.

LEDs for the cyc aren't bad idea but I would stay away from top light LEDs. It works but it could have undesirable results on sets and costumes.

I was thinking the same. If the space is a "theatrical" space, with time for building up cyc looks using the LED mixing systems, it's a good idea. Selador or Chroma-Q, or possibly the Altman Spectra Cyc units.

If the space see's tours, which doesn't seem as likely in Fairbanks, then conventional Cyc lighting.

One of the high schools in my area light their cyc from the front actually using a lot of ETC Multipar units with wybron CXI's on the front. I though it was a great system, allowed for a lot of color.

Not that a CD-80 retrofit is inherently a bad idea(certainly a money saver), but I think there's something to be said for a new dimming system when you have "the LAST CD-80 rack in town." If a CD-80 module craps out, you may be SOL, but, depending on what others have, it could be a drive across town to borrow a module.

CD80 power cubes can be bought from any electronics supplier worth their salt. Sensor power cubes are special order parts that can be days away. The only other thing that can go wrong in a CD80 rack is the controller cards... all of which would be replaced.

Thanks everyone for your help, I have an updated list into the engineers. Hopefully I can get a hold of any decisions and changes they may make before it goes public! I'll post an updated list at some point. Goooo rush jobs!

Woohoo!

Let the games begin!!!

:dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back