Lights on a boat?

I would use LED fixtures only. Combining water with the electronics inside of a Studio Spot 575 could get nasty in a hurry. I'm specifically thinking of the ballast and ignitor circuits. Y'know, the stuff that could really hurt someone. MAC101s, MAC Auras, or similar would be good for this, and would draw less power. Still risk of combining electric with water, but not the voltages associated with ignitor circuitry. Chauvet Q-Spot or Intimidator Spot line would also be good - but those aren't exactly common at rental houses. Some nice narrow LED PARs would look good too, shining out on the water towards the audience but not directly at them - pointed down on the water to do fingers of light.

Ya, Im going with the LED idea as well, but I wanted the studio spots as a "search light" in the back of the boat. I might just try and buy 2 Chauvet Intimidator Spot LED 350 (Products » Intimidator). The fogger will be near the moving lights so no matter if there is a breeze or anything the beam will still be seen. There's a rental company by me that has 101's and Auras... The aura's will look cool with the Eye Candy effect.

Hey, Tech Geek. Where in Jersey is this? If you need a hand let me know. I'm in central Jersey and completely willing to help. I have generators and lots of gear if you're looking for a gear source. I'm not sure why you're considering buying for a one off gig. Good luck and have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back