Automated Fixtures Lights Outside

MsLxChick

In your opinon what type of wash unit is the most weather resistant? and why? My options are mostly Vari*lites and Macs.
Thanks ahead for your input!

We're talking moving lights exclusively? The only weather resistant units are those protected by some sort of rain cover. Either under a canopy or specialized climate controlled enclosures.

In your opinon what type of wash unit is the most weather resistant? and why? My options are mostly Vari*lites and Macs.
Thanks ahead for your input!

You need to include more info, such as, Moving light wash units, or just a stage wash unit? What type of weather? Will they have any type of protection? Can you install any type of protection?

I know martin has the 400-series Exterior LED units which are obviously built for tough weather.

I know from experience highends color pro 2's, x spots, and studio spots take a down pour reasonably well. Also I have had a hog and light tronics dimmer rack live through a flood while being powered up until the oh crap moment kicks in and becomes a sprint to kill the generator. A bit of blow dryin with a hair dryer and everything lived. Poor hog had also lived through a fire then another flood. Don't know why Highend said they couldn't warranty any repairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back