Lightwright Printing Issue

GeneralErin

proxy.php

I'm having a problem when printing certain parts of LW paperwork. It's been an on-going problem for a year now (when I started the job) and I haven't had time to sit down and fix it. I'm using LW5.

When I try to print any of the "count" worksheets, the resulting paperwork does not use the full 8.5x11 sheet. Other paperwork, such as Channel or Dimmer Hookups, Instrument Schedules, print normally. I have looked for any setting that might be causing this problem, but everywhere I've looked I've confirmed that it should be printing to 8.5x11. I've even tried saving it as a PDF, but the PDF shows the "tiny" version. I've emailed McKernon, to help, but maybe someone has had the same problem.

I've attached a picture to illustrate. It's not a huge problem, obviously. It would be nice to save paper, and make my OCD happy!

Thanks for any help, I'm sure someone has had this problem before. Like I said, not a major problem, I'm only getting around to try and solve it now.

Last edited:
John admitted a few versions back that he wasn't building in a refined print option for counts, deciding that most folks were simply cut and pasting or data transferring to the program of choice - File maker Pro, Word, etc...

I do this (sending to a Word template) if only to break down the cuts by size to make it easier for the electricians to complete the order. It's a simple cut and paste.

Attachments

• Spring Dance 2014.pdf
    48.2 KB · Views: 171
I've found the best option is to export as a file, open the file in a text editor (TextEdit for Mac) and then save as a PDF. This produces rather legible 8.5x11 sheet, though it's not clean. So your OCD might not be 100% satisfied (mine certainly isn't), but it's better than a small swatch of text on an otherwise empty piece of paper. Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back