Mixers/Consoles Looking for 10 mono channel mixer

BrentR678

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a small portable analog mixer to use for drums. Ive got 10 channels of drums that need to go into it so it cant be smaller then 10 mono channels. It also needs to have a few bands of EQ on it. Hoping to keep the price under $500.

Thanks for your help!

Well the MixWiz is a little too advanced for what we need. Its going to take the 10 drum mics and put them into one channel on our main mix. (Allen and Heath GL3300) Hopefully after a year or so we will upgrade to a digital board and we wont need this board at all. But for now we need a cheap board that will work.

I think you'll really appreciate the more-advanced EQ, especially if you're submixing into a main console. Without flexible EQ, you'll get less-than-stellar results unless (and probably even if) the drums are tuned and played properly.

Last edited:
I think you'll really appreciate the more-advanced EQ, especially if you're submixing into a main console. Without flexible EQ, you'll get less-than-stellar results unless (and probably even if) the drums are tuned and played properly.
I feel somewhat counter-productive here on an education related website doing this but it is appropriate.

+1.

Andre

Well the MixWiz is a little too advanced for what we need. Its going to take the 10 drum mics and put them into one channel on our main mix. (Allen and Heath GL3300) Hopefully after a year or so we will upgrade to a digital board and we wont need this board at all. But for now we need a cheap board that will work.
Personal opinion, but a separate console for the drum mix that then feeds a larger mixer doesn't exactly seem like the simplest or most efficient approach either, so once you crossed that line then why not use something that resembles your main mixer?

Another consideration, if you do get a new mixer, will you then have any other potential uses for this mixer? You might find it better to get a few more inputs or some other capabilities if it means you can more easily also use it for other purposes in the future.

I would love to skip buying a small mixer but the boss says we dont want to spend the money right now to upgrade to a digital mixer or extend the channel on the current board.

I do like the MixWiz. Your right the EQ does resemble the GL3300.

The Behringer looks too expensive and it doesnt have the EQ im hoping for.

I think at this point im going to start looing for the MixWiz hopefully at a decent price and in a few years (crossed fingers) will finally upgrade to the digital board. Thanks for all of your responses to my problem everyone!

I think at this point im going to start looing for the MixWiz hopefully at a decent price and in a few years (crossed fingers) will finally upgrade to the digital board.
Something I always try to get people to consider, would making due with what you have make a new console that much more likely? There are certainly situations where some immediate interim step is necessary, however I've also seen people get into a mode of addressing smaller issues on an ongoing basis and by doing so delaying, if not preventing, a more comprehensive solution. You're not talking huge dollars in this case but thinking in terms of how what you do now potentially affects other plans is typically worthwhile (and often understandably difficult for students who may have to deal with things now and never really see the long term benefit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back