Mixers/Consoles LS9 croaks at USB mp3 folder read

MNicolai

ETCP Certified Technicians
Fight Leukemia
I'be contacted Yamaha but have had less than useful help. Both in v1.17 and v1.18, my LS9-32 freezes when I open my 600mb folder of mp3's. As of a week ago, it worked fine in v1.17 with this same USB drive (Kingston 1GB), but today I added a bunch more tracks and now when it tries to read the folder under the Recorder menu, it tries to load and freezes. I have not yet tried splitting the music up into smaller folders (because it'd be awesome if this didn't crash during this rehearsal again...), but that's something I'll try later.

Anyone have an idea what the problem may be or has anyone else seen this?

Last edited:
is there any other files other than the Mp3s on it? could be a problem if it finds a bunch of Itunes album art (generally hidden files) that are not correct. I've had many mixers with USB plugs stop responding after i allowed Itunes to see the songs on the drive.

The folder has no other files in it, hidden or otherwise, and I've verified that there are no music files other than mp3's.

Fixed it. For some reason, the Jimi Hendrix - Crosstown Traffic.mp3 was causing it to croak. I divided the files into separate folders and used trial and error to figure out which file was causing it to freeze. I deleted that file and it works fine now.

For some reason, there's also a few other mp3's that it just doesn't see, such as Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity.mp3, Ray Lamontagne - Trouble.mp3 and Mandy Moore - Candy.mp3 (don't ask).

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why it doesn't see those files. If I'm ambitious, I'll toss some other files on there from that same Ray Lamontagne album (all of which I downloaded at the same time from Amazon), and see if there's something quirky about some of the files Amazon is selling. I've got a lot of other files on there from Amazon that are doing fine, so I still wouldn't really be able to pinpoint exactly where things are getting screwy.

Anyways, that was my final hurdle in setting up the rep USB flash drive. I have my rep config on there, write-protected, and made an image of the entire flash drive so that I can duplicate the flash drive as needed. I then chained the flash drive to the console. If for some reason it walks away, is destroyed, or corrupted, I'll just have the facility buy another flash drive and I'll toss my image on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back