Luminair ipod + pc + usb to dmx?

csicomedy

I just inherited an ipod touch from the student LD i just took over for at my college, and it has Luminair on it. He took his Art-Net adapter with him when he left, but I personally have a Enttec USB to DMX Pro that I purchased a few years ago, and a Macbook dualbooted with OSX and WinXP. Our board at my college is a Marquee if that changes anything as well.

I was wondering if there is any software solution out there that will allow me to use my current hardware to control my theater with the Luminair software, through my Laptop. I am willing to use both Mac or Windows software, and if its free that's even better. Any help is appreciated.

Hardware:
Ipod Touch w/ Luminair
Macbook
USB to DMX Pro

YOu might ask this question at Strand-dev.com.

The boys that wrote the software for the Marquee are there. They might know a trick or two that might be useful and fun.

The Marquee/Marquee ILC should be able to be set to recieve the ArtNet information that the iPod sends... There should be no need for any other hardware.
You will, however, need your console to be accessible wirelessly.

You also need the current Marquee software... With access to the Patch Routing feature.

The patch routing screen is where you want to play.
(Softkey S9 from the Patch screen)

As Darthrob said... Robert Bell, Alan Martello and Gary Douglas over at Strand Dev are the guys you need to speak with... However, strand-dev deals with the Strand Palette primarily, you should probably get in touch with them via: Horizon Control Inc.

[email protected]

Last edited:
So i would like to try to do the same thing but with different hardware. i read in another post today that an ipaq can be used to control an etc light board...unless i misunderstood which is completely possible.

i have an Ipaq hx2415 running windows mobile 2003 editions 2,
an express 125 software version 3.1, and a wireless router (connected to the schools network) in the theater. so how do i fill in the gaps in the software and hardware to make the ipaq a remote control (remote focus unit?) for the board.

ahh well. wishful thinking. it would have been cool. frankly id rather have a remote focus unit than the 10 preset wall mount controller we got.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back