MA 3D profiles

knissone

Hey guys, sorry if I'm reposting, but I haven't had any luck looking through other threads. I'm looking for fixtures built for MA3D that aren't in the built in library; specifically I need a VariLite 3500 Spot and ChromaQ ColorForce 48 & 72. Does anybody know where I could get these, or perhaps have them and could send them to me?

Thanks!

All fixture information and attributes come from the fixture profile in the console. Beam angle, color, gobo bitmaps, etc, are all stored within the fixture profile. This information is not needed to control a real fixture, so many profiles do not contain all of the correct information that the visualizer needs. The 3d model of the fixture is contained within 3D, but is a minor issue; you can assign a different model from the stock moving heads, scanners and conventionals already in MA3D.

Check out ma-share.net

Are yo using series 1 or 2? I can check my profiles and see how they look.

**NOTE** For LED fixtures, you must change the fixture type from "LED" to "extended conventional" in order for it to output a beam. otherwise it only displays a colored front surface of the fixture.

Great I'll try using the generic then. I am using MA2. Could I do the same thing with the generic led bars for ColorForce's? Would there be a way to get the full channel mapping for the Colorforce?

Great info, thanks!

For the multiple cells of Color Force, if you're controlling them individually, you can just patch them as individual RGBA fixtures. You can then arrange them in a line in MA3D much like the actual fixture. If you're using them as a pixelmapping surface (ie pointed straight out), run them as an "LED" fixture type. If you're using them to light a surface (ie cyc lights), use type "Extended Conventional" as MikeJ mentioned in order to get the beam to output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back