MAC 250 Lamp not striking

danbarber

This mac was stripped from an installation during a refurb. Since then has been robbed for parts to fix other Macs, but I have recently sat down to try to get it working again. Everything was goosed in some way - snapped wiring, broken belts etc - but managed to repair cheaply and easily...however, fell at the final hurdle...the lamp!

Upon power up, it will go through its reset routine then (with autostrike on) attempt to strike the lamp once (click is audible) and the lamp does not light. This has been tried multiple times (by both resets, manual L ON, and DMX...during the same powerup, or after being unplugged and plugged back in). No error message is given, and mac will carry on doing whatever else it is instructed to do (DMX or manual), just without light output.

Tests carried out:
-Replaced lamp with known working, and brand new lamp
-Checked all fuses
-Continuity tested cabling involved with the lamp: (from source, through transformer, to ballast, to starter, through thermal switch, to lamp).
-Continuity tested thermal switch

One final note: the internal wiring of this fixture has not been touched by anyone other than both myself and another competent technician working for a company with years of experience, so the chances of it being an original wiring problem (transformer terminals, ballast setup) is unlikely.

Has anyone had similar problems, or could reccomend a possible problem and/or solution. If you wish, I can give you a telephone number to contact me on, just PM me.

...and I did say unlikely up there ^^ but if anyone thinks there is anything I should check....please do shout up!!

Many thanks
the very confused Dan Barber

Heya,
I'm sure someone more experienced will be along soon to give a better answer, but in the mean time...
The fact you only get one click on 'strike' seems bad to me, so I'd suggest swapping this ignitor/starter into a good lamp ciruit if you have another fixture around and see how that goes?

Thats all I can think of at the moment, but it might work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back