Automated Fixtures MAC 600 issues

I've got a MAC 600 that will not respond to anything. When i power it up it just says RST but doesn't actually try to home. Doesn't pan or tilt. Any ideas on what it could be? Trying to reset it from the console doesn't do anything either.

Thanks!

I can't personally give you any advice, but since you're in Columbus as well, I do recommend calling or emailing Live Tech.

[email protected]
OR
614 278 7777

They do some stuff with Martin gear, and, to be honest, nobody else who does stuff in central Ohio really does.

Easiest thing to check is a DMX problem. Are there other fixtures nearby on the same DMX run that are working? Try putting a DMX tester onto the end of the line, or if you don't have one, put another fixture in it's place and see how it responds. If the DMX is working fine, then pull it down and start diagnosing it. Take off the head of the fixture, using either the two clips on the sides or the four phillips screws, depending on if your fixture was updated recently. Go into the fixture's menu and run some of the test sequences. The chances are very low that EVERYTHING is not working - make sure that the CMY wheels are still responding. Check for obvious problems, like if the interconnect cables inside the head aren't plugged in anywhere. If the fixture does pan and tilt when you run manual tests, then it's most likely a problem with your DMX, or possibly a problem with the DMX I/O circuit on the fixture (or the DMX passthrough on the previous fixture, but that's unlikely).

I'm super late for a show call, so that's all I got for now. Hope that made some semblance of sense.

Sounds like the programming in the EPROM got corrupted. You need to find an Martin uploader and try replacing the fixture code. On Martin fixtures as soon as you plug them in they will display Martin Mac 600 (in his case) software version, then it will display rst until the fixture has completed homing. Try homing the fixture without data applied. I learned if you fire them up and the board happens to be sending the shutdown command they get a little freaked out. Also pop the top cover off and see if it is trying to home a wheel and it is hanging up, though they normally will begin to pan and tilt first thing in the homing process. Also check all of your wiring connections on the logic board. They have been known to come off. I would also try swapping logic boards between two units just to see if the problem is actually with the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back