Control/Dimming MagicQ keyboard Cuelist control

wturner

It's easy to spot a lot of MagicQ fans on this forum...and for good reason. Do any of you know of a way to use keyboard shortcut commands to play specific cues in a cuelist? So far I've only found how to "play the next cue on playback xx" by putting it in "playback mode" and pressing the letter Q (all the cues are on a single cue stack on playback 1).

What I'm trying to do is simulate remote MIDI triggering without Chamsys' $1700 interface box. Another suggestion on this forum led me to Bome's Midi Translator (which is awesome!), so now if I can find a keystroke/command for it, I can do it! I have it all working great for the simple "GO" (next cue) scenario...but is there a keystroke command I can use to do a "GO cue xx" instead?

Hi,

Not sure about a keystroke that will will jump to a specific cue in a cue stack. I'm new to MagicQ and lighting for that matter, (I'm usually a set designer) but there should be a feature that allows you to do something like this - (Go to cue) button- (Cue #) Type cue # and (Enter) Button. Also, I was wondering what you were able to do with this Bome's Midi translator software? Does it allow you to use an external device as a playback wing? I am using a Korg Nanokontrol as a playback wing for software called Mini Stage Console, but I have been unsuccessful getting it to work with MagicQ. Does Midi translator allow you to use non-Chamsys external devices as playback? Thanks! I will keep trying to find the feature you were looking for as well.

Does it allow you to use an external device as a playback wing?

No. The only way to control faders and encoders is via MIDI (requires connected Chamsys hardware) or Chamsys hardware. All of the buttons except the ones that go with the on screen soft-keys around the edge of the screen can be controlled via a keyboard or a device like an X-Keys that can pretend to be a normal keyboard. This is all in the manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back