Manuals or Advice Needed!

Timothy A. Samuelson

From the beginning of my career, I have been cursed! The now three houses I've worked for have been plagued with inheriting old equipment, hand-me-downs, donations, and really dumb buys. I am currently in possession of the rack dimming system that came out of the Arkansas Rep several years ago when they remodeled. It's 96 channels, analog. I thankfully got given a digital to analog interface by one of my local equipment rental companies that knows my situation. I know this is dumb and everyone here would say, "Just scrap it and get a new system," but that's not an option right now. If any of you have the manuals for anything on this list of equipment, it would be greatly appreciated. Getting this system up and running is a huge priority right now as we are running on 3 Leviton D4DMX packs, two of which only operate on 3 channels. I'm going insane and see my summer disappearing at the workbench to get this stuff in working order. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Manuals needed are as follows:

Teatronics Dimmertrol 2400

Teatronics Marathon 2400

Look on the back or pop the top and look inside; sometimes the wiring diagram is there.
Failing that, it's usually a connector on back that takes 0-10 volts DC to operate each channel.
If you're not very good with a soldering iron or figuring out circuits, you might want to take it to an electronics tech.
Post some pictures.

Awesome! Thank you so much. I also have two DPI 1212 that I was able to find manuals for. About 10 minutes of work and I've already got one up and running! Will post some pictures tomorrow!

Your best bet is to contact Jim Joffee at Teatronics at 805-438-4000 Pacific time with any specific questions or requests for manuals. They probably still have parts available for these dimmers
You can also go to their web site www.teatronics.com and email thru the contact page. I've always liked the Teatronics dimmers and consoles--rugged and easy to fix if necessary.

Don't get too despondent about old dimmers, they tend to be very reliable and easy to fix as they only use discreet components, no microprocessors which have to be programed by the manufacturer or are no longer available, you don't get a menu full of different curves and other functions you seldom need anyway. Once you get your head around any common faults you should be fine, especially if you have plenty of spare channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back