Martin M1 & QLab MIDI Timecode problems

gbHHBC

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have gleaned a lot of info from you all over the years. I'm beginning to think I've gone where no man has gone before. Yikes. Here's my dilemma,

I am running a show from QLab consisting of multiple audio files, video, and the all important MIDI Timecode. However, I can't get the Martin M1 light desk which I rented to see the mTC. I have confirmed that I am sending the mTC out from QLab by seeing it in other devices. However, the Martin is not acting like the MIDI interface even exists. I noted that a simple self diagnostic that is to be run after installing the interface fails to even appear where Martin support docs say it should reside. Does anyone have the where with all to direct me to a means of determining if the Martin MIDI interface even works. I can't get a thing in or out of it.

Thanks! Black Friday has taken on a new meaning this year for me!

How are you getting the timecode to the M1? The only time I've ever used the M1 with timecode (I believe we where using SMPTE, but MIDI control is a bit beyond what I really know well) we had to use a external USB device. It was the early days of the M1 so we had to use a card from the Maxyzz consoles in a project box, but now Martin has a device to do the job: http://www.martin.com/productnews/productnews.asp?id=623.

EDIT: Looks like this M-Sync is for LTC which I'm pretty sure is different than mTC, but I'll leave in information up still just in case.

I am running QLab out of a MacPro thru a Firewire connection to my Motu hybrid MIDI interface. MIDI cable out to the MIDI IN on the M1. I have troubleshot with a MIDISport 2x2 USB interface with the same lack of response. I have confirmed that both versions of this set up (MOTO hybrid and the MIDISport) are receiving and sending the mTC to other devices other than the M1. The M1 simply is not seeing it. The mTC counter on the M1 sits at all zeros while QLab continues to spit out the timecode. I have attempted every mTC rate available on QLab. Martin dox say 30 fps. Any thoughts? If the M1 MIDI is busted, any other thoughts on how to get TIMECODE out of QLab into the M1? The M1 only has the MIDI in and an Ethernet connection....No SMPTE connection. I assume that when the owners of this M1 (mine is renter, btw) need TIMECODE, they simply receive it over the Ethernet connection. There are no other inputs, other than DMX... now there's a thought that's gonna fester. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back