Megabatten

For anyone curious, in the UK and Middle East this concept is fairly common and is called an IWB (Internally Wired Bar) http://www.doughty-engineering.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_IWB
Granted the international versions of this idea all are with receptacles much larger than the pipe, so the risk of C-clamps crushing a connector aren't there.
It does mention data can be "segregated". I thought the one i saw snd mentioned was steel, not aluminum. As I recall a lot more "streamlined" than that link.

I actually asked my rep about these earlier this year when looking at some space renovations here is what he heard back from LTS:

Megabatten 49’4” in seven sections with 6x 20amp circuits terminated to a terminal box at end of pipe with 37 DMX/Edison plates on 16” centers is $4950 plus shipping.

My curiosity deals with rigging/mounting. Does it come with any specific hardware for attaching wire rope or attaching to a pipe patten or to mount to a wall or ceiling? Or..... is the user responsible for supplying hardware as needed??

Did someone say "Mega Weapon" ?
warrior-of-the-lost-world-megaweapon.jpg

My question is what happens when a designer wants a light hung where there is a connector?
Would that be different than a plug strip or plug box bracket? I suppose there are more with this. 6 plus a hanging bracket every 8'. I'm kind of surprised other spacing isn't available. I suppose this caters to those that have an aversion to daisy chaining fixtures, but an outlet every 4 or 5 feet would seem fine. I suppose could be a UL thing.

Would that be different than a plug strip or plug box bracket? I suppose there are more with this. 6 plus a hanging bracket every 8'. I'm kind of surprised other spacing isn't available. I suppose this caters to those that have an aversion to daisy chaining fixtures, but an outlet every 4 or 5 feet would seem fine. I suppose could be a UL thing.
I can move a plug box or just mount it on the top cord of my electric. Or if single cord overhang the plug box.

The Literature for the batten says that since the plug is recessed you can hang directly over where it is. Now does this mean you can't top hang? or front-hang? Sure, but for standard below the pipe hanging this batten would seem to work no matter where you wanted to hang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back