merger

There was some talk of this at the PLASA Scranton thing. First I heard of the Vincent thing though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

As I was reading this post I received an email from Vincent Lighting with a formal announcement of the Merger to become Mainstage LLC.

Just got this from Production Advantage:

The management and staff of Production Advantage, Inc., are pleased (and very excited) to announce that we have joined with the management and staffs of Mainstage Theatrical Supply and Vincent Lighting Systems to create a new company named MainStage, LLC. We hope you share our excitement about this announcement and we wanted you to hear it directly from us.

First, we want you to know that, as customers of Production Advantage, Inc., you will be dealing with all the same folks that you ’ve come to know and trust over the years. Second, we would like you to know that we ’ll be able to offer you many more services and many more locations to help you with just about whatever production challenges you may run in to.

Along with our new co-workers, we can provide systems integration, gear rental, construction and rigging services, design and installation services and a local presence for much of the country.

We ’ve been working very hard to build a new infrastructure that will tie us all together and we are making wonderful progress. While the ‘Under Construction ’ sign is up we want you to know that the ‘Open for Business ’ sign is hanging right next to it. We appreciate your understanding while we complete our own systems integration. We are now MainStage, LLC, but we will still be your production advantage. We will provide solutions for you.

Please give us a call if you have any questions, or just want to share the excitement!

Wow, that is substantial. Three highly regarded and devoted companies coming together.

Sign of the times? Perhaps.

It's events like this that make me glad I do what I do because it allows me to be a spectator to the realignment of manufacturers.

Wow, that is substantial. Three highly regarded and devoted companies coming together.

Sign of the times? Perhaps.

Hope it brings back the competitive nature that Production Advantage used to have. I don't know if either the industry lowered prices because of Production Advantage prices have finally caught up with them, but lately I have noticed they are not nearly as competitive as they used to be.

The most important question is will the new company become the sponsor of the controlbooth WIKI?

Hope it brings back the competitive nature that Production Advantage used to have. I don't know if either the industry lowered prices because of Production Advantage prices have finally caught up with them, but lately I have noticed they are not nearly as competitive as they used to be.

Funny thing about ProAdv (to me). I used to shop them because they did indeed have good prices on stuff. Then over a few years I found myself developing friendships with folks like Bob Kaye, Rocky Harlow and John Carver (whom I had known from when he was at Altman). Thus I now call them for their terrific sales support and I don't worry about the price as much as I know they are always fair and can get me what I need. When I have to do a bid item, they are always first on the list and I always include BMI, Barbizon, 4 Wall and Sensory (on Long Island), again because of a lifetime of contacts. And ProAdv doesn't always win the bid, so yes, maybe the competition has gotten the message and ProAdv's advantage is lessened somewhat.

So to the young'uns, it's ALL about contacts in this business. Who you make friends with now, will come back to help you later. Never fails. And it rarely pays to make enemies.

Just in - merger cancelled. Honest - no April 1 joke. Haven confirmation from management.

That was odd. I got the announcement too...

A Special Announcement

Unfortunately, after much hard work on all fronts, we have decided it is in the best interests of the three companies to call the merger off at this time. There are simply too many hurdles to overcome, and it is time for all parties to focus our attention back to Mainstage Theatrical Supply, Production Advantage and Vincent Lighting Systems. We are disappointed, and we regret being unable to complete the transition to MainStage LLC as planned.

Our businesses remain strong and fully intact, including our relationships with employees, vendors and customers. We look forward to continuing to serve our customers as three independent companies.

Sincerely,
Craig Sternke
President/Owner
Mainstage Theatrical Supply

Penny Camm
President
Production Advantage, Inc.

Paul Vincent
President
Vincent Lighting Systems

Dean Sternke
Vice President/Owner
Mainstage Theatrical Supply

David Schraffenberger
General Manager
Production Advantage, Inc.

Um. Bizarre. When I talked to the guys at production advantage at the Plasa focus thing they sounded like the deal was all but final.

....And on the same day that I both find out I did not get a job and I lost my BMI sales guy to the job I did not get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back