Meyer Sound Training in Ithaca, NY!

rochem

Apologies for the many people who this doesn't apply to, but I figured I should share in case anyone was interested. Next Thursday and Friday (the 6th and 7th of October), Meyer Sound will be coming to Ithaca College in Ithaca, NY to teach a seminar on "Line Array Design and Application". It's a two-day seminar, and there's tons of hands-on time with their line arrays, tuning them to work in the theatre at the college. The seminar costs $200 if you plan to attend the whole thing, but if you can't make the full commitment, you might just be able to walk in for a few hours at a time - who knows.

If anyone wants more information, you can find this event on Meyer's website, or PM me (or reply here) and I'll get you some information straight from my professor who's coordinating this whole thing. Also, if you do plan on coming, drop me a line and perhaps we can meet in person!

**** if only that wasn't opening weekend for my next show. out of curiosity who is coordinating it?

If you own a giant meyer rig that is approaching its replacement age does that make the day free? If so, my engineer and I might be making a drive.

I don't see why not! I know that student and staff of Ithaca College get to register for the seminar for free. If you call up Meyer and mention the scale of your venue and your soon-to-be-upgraded system, I don't see why they wouldn't let you come by for free. Also, it's technically a two day seminar, and us students were told that if you couldn't commit to more than 4 hours on each day, you should just show up and not register. People will be filing in and out throughout the day, from what I've heard. So if you can pass for a college student.... ;)

Disclaimer: Neither Michael Roche, nor his affiliates or subsidiaries, condone the fraudulent representation of oneself or the unauthorized imitation of a college student. All statements contained herein are opinions held by the individual, and do not indicate the opinions or viewpoints of Meyer, Ithaca College, IC Theatre Arts, or any other corporation. Known to cause cancer in the state of California. Wash, rinse, repeat. Practice safe sets. All rights reserved.

gotcha that's what I was wondering, I've heard a lot about Don (and the rest of the program) through Pam Lillard. I was up there this summer actually and ran into some students in one of the labs while we were around. hmmm maybe I'll still try to swing it and get over that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back