Mic stand parts: where to buy

Fountain Of Euph

Hi all,
I have a bunch (like 5) of round mic stand bases. I was hoping to build a bunch of short ( bass drum/amp/cello) sized boom stands with them. However I have been unable to find the upright(non boom) part. Hopefully I can build these for less than buying the stands new. Any suggestions on where I can find parts. I am willing to mix brands ie cheep upright with nice K&M boom.

Sent from Taptalk for Android, this was.

Parts may cost more than whole stands.
Thatd what I an afraid of, but I want to use these bases for somthing other than door stops ...

Dropping stuff off at the recyclers can be cathartic. Also, check to make sure the threads on the bases are usable before spending money on parts. I've encountered bad threads on more than a few, old Atlas bases.

Parts may cost more than whole stands.

It's sad how true this probably is. I was wanting to replace the locknuts on several of our stands (the originals were lost), and was astounded how expensive a few nuts could be. I suspect that there is just insufficient volume/margin to make with worthwhile for most retailers to offer these less expensive parts.

Do you have a machine shop or welding shop? They might be able to create something that could screw into the base, or weld a new pole to the base?

New in the boxes....

Or can I sell them to someone who has not yet seen this thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back