Midi Curtain Contoller

Kody

I was wondering if anyone has heard of or has built a custom Midi Curtian Controller? Im hopping to be able to open/close the main curtian via a midi signal from qlab.

From http://egyptiantheatre.org/wp-conte...yptian-Theatre-Technical-Specifications-1.pdf :
Main Curtain: Motorized traveling; 12 second travel time, may also be flown. Color: Light green with a grey cast and vertical stripes.

proxy.php

Can't believe the Egyptian runs on a 48/96.

To the OP would be easier to run it with a DMX Relay box split off to manaual switches as well as a Estop. There have been many automation posts about big things all of which come down to not doing it because of safety issues.

The PLASA technical standards program has been approached several times about writing standards on how to do this, and has so far chosen to not. Even if it is only for monitoring, the potential liability of relying on anything other than a dedicated controller, on dedicated hardware run by a dedicated crew, is too much to take on. And keep in mind that this is a group that has a team dedicated to writing rigging standards, so they are not easily deterred.

All of that is to say I would be very surprised if there is an out of the box solution for what you are looking for.

We currently have the curtain control located in the booth and onstage, with (Open, Close and an EStop) we were just hopping to tie it into qlab to open after a preshow announcement or close after blackout ect.. There would always be someone in the booth to push the Estop just in case anything was to happen.

I’m not much of an Electrician, but how would I splice in the Relay to the existing wiring for the 3 button curtain controller? Does anyone know how they are normally wired?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back