Loudspeakers Monitors for FOH

Which nearfield monitor is the best? For use in a controlroom sound-isolated so people can work in there during rehearsals without having to hear all the sound from the main pa.

It's important to match the monitor-speakers with the main pa so the guy mixing audio hear the same as the audience.

Depends on a lot of things. Do you want powered or passive? What kind of budget. When you say "match with the main pa" what do you mean? No matter what you do it will sound different. For live mixing you always want the engineer to be in the house listening to exactly what is in the house. For instance often I never have to turn the drums on much cause they're loud enough anyways. In an isolated control room you wouldn't be able to tell that. For recording, post mixing, fx editing etc they work great.

Which nearfield monitor is the best? For use in a controlroom sound-isolated so people can work in there during rehearsals without having to hear all the sound from the main pa.

It's important to match the monitor-speakers with the main pa so the guy mixing audio hear the same as the audience.
Is the goal to run rehearsals using only monitors in the booth and without operating the main PA?

It would've been good if it was possible to do that way (so people could work and talk in the booth during no-show times).

But now i realise maybe that's a bad idea. I actually didn't thought of that some of the audio the audience is hearing comes directly from the instruments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back