Control/Dimming Need Help

MGEORGE

I am new to dmx and have recently purchased the chauvet stage designer 50 controller. I have figured out all the basics with help from the internet and I have even gotten to the point where I can record a scene and it plays back with the individual faders, but I cannot figure out how to get it to play back tgether in order. for instance if I go to blue, then to red, then back to blue, should I not be able to play this back continually in that order with out doing it manually. Need help.
Thanks
MGeorge

I haven't used one of these consoles, but I read through the manual while researching a similar question on another board for someone, and think I can help.

You have to setup scenes to playback, and to do that you have to be in record mode. Hold down the Record button and press the following buttons under these faders: 1-5-6-8 then release the record button. You are now in scene record mode.

Select the 1-24 Single mode by tapping the Mode Select button. This will give you control of all 24 channels of the first page. Use these channels to setup the look of your first step; for this purpose let's say its the blue look. So, setup the blue look, then press Record. Next setup the red look and press record again. Finally, setup the blue look again and press record a third time. You've now just made a scene with 3 steps.

Adjust the Speed and Fade sliders to achieve the desired amount of time a scene will be held in a chase (speed) and the amount of time allowed for the fixtures to move from one scene to the next (fade).

Press and hold the Record button & tap the Flash button for the scene that you wish to store it to. All LEDs will flash indicating the scene has been programmed into memory. To exit program mode, press and hold the Record button & tap the Rec Exit button.

To playback your scene/chase, press the mode select button, to select Chase <>Scene mode. Push master Slider B to its maximum position (fully down). Raise the fader where you stored your scene and it should playback the three steps. If you set the time slider to SHOW MODE, you can fade in each step individually by using the step button.

As a side note, the manual for that board is really confusing...

Thanks for your help. I did these steps but when I try to play back the scene all it does is give me the first scene I recorded and will not cycle through the others. I have tried to adjust the speed and fader but it doesnt help things. Any suggestions.
Thanks
mgeorge

MGEORGE, make sure your not playing back in scene/step mode.

joshuash, I don't think you can go above channel 48. Unless it allows soft patching but doesn't talk about it in the manual I just skimmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back