Need help

legend3

I have 3 RGB LED strips connected to this 3 channels DMX512 decoder LED controller and a 12v power supply to power it
I didnt look into too much but assumed the i could connect the decoder to my router via ethernet and use a program to control the lighting, now im having trouble finding software/figuring out how to do this (freeware if u have any suggestions please dont want to purchase any additional software). Or do i need some sort of dongle? the decoder was pretty cheap and didnt come with much instruction and no software or explaination of anything. Do i need drivers or what i have no idea?

thanks

I have 3 RGB LED strips connected to this 3 channels DMX512 decoder LED controller and a 12v power supply to power it
I didnt look into too much but assumed the i could connect the decoder to my router via ethernet and use a program to control the lighting, now im having trouble finding software/figuring out how to do this (freeware if u have any suggestions please dont want to purchase any additional software). Or do i need some sort of dongle? the decoder was pretty cheap and didnt come with much instruction and no software or explaination of anything. Do i need drivers or what i have no idea?

thanks

Are you looking for show control?

Chamsys makes MaicQ PC. It's pretty good for free, as long as you can learn it.

This item has nothing to do with a router or ethernet of some sort. I presume the following....

This device is controlled with DMX512 that you connect with your lighting desk/usb-dmx dongle via a in this case a 3pin XLR cable ( in professional applications 5 pin XLR is standard) or a RJ45 cable.

You then have to set the dip-switch to a start address which you want to use. I suspect that you could set the dip switch to address 1: 1 would be red, 2 would be green and 3 would be blue and control it via MagicQ from your computer.

I hope this helps...

(You cannot presume that just because it has a RJ45 port that it connects to Ethernet/router.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back