Control/Dimming Need Manual for old EDI Two-scene Preset

Just acquired an old EDI TCC2-24/T manual 24 channel manual two-scene preset for community theatre. It is in near perfect condition but alas I have no manual. Anyone have one of these or know where I could find manual? Sorry no pic.

I'm mostly interested in the fader timers and how they work. I get the manual two-scene preset and independant parts totally.

There are 'timer' knobs above grand master, independant, and XY faders. There's also a switch which I think is a trigger of some sort.

Anyone?

... and was made by EDI at one point.

Um, no. The Mantrix was only produced by Strand-Century (until 1989) and later by Strand Lighting.

proxy.php

PSW Sound Reinforcement Forums: Lighting => CD80 Dimmer Pack

Wow, not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that. I saw some picture in a thread here just the other day with an older mantrix in it, but where the strand logo usually it, I could have sworn it said EDI

Just acquired an old EDI TCC2-24/T manual 24 channel manual two-scene preset for community theatre. It is in near perfect condition but alas I have no manual. Anyone have one of these or know where I could find manual? Sorry no pic.

I'm mostly interested in the fader timers and how they work. I get the manual two-scene preset and independant parts totally.

There are 'timer' knobs above grand master, independant, and XY faders. There's also a switch which I think is a trigger of some sort.

Anyone?
Here you go. As I recall the rotary time POTS on the TCC are obsolete. As long as those work you should be fine. Best of luck with it!
Tracy

Attachments

• TCCManual.pdf
    348.6 KB · Views: 1,551
Here you go. As I recall the rotary time POTS on the TCC are obsolete. As long as those work you should be fine. Best of luck with it!
Tracy

Tracy...you rock! Thx for sending this! I'll try to snap a pic so all can see what this thing looks like. Nearly pristine....at least on outside. I haven't driven any dimmers with it yet.

ryan

Tracy

Mr. Underhill, glad to see you out and about. Take care my friend! And thanks for posting the manual. It is one I did not have in my library which eventually will all get posted to dimmer.com Home Page .

Last edited:
Mr. Underhill, glad to see you out and about. Take care my friend! And thanks for posting the manual. It is one I did not have in my library which eventually will all get posted to dimmer.com Home Page .

Hi Maurice!
Yeah I did not have it either, but Debbie did have a scan so no sweat. TCC was replaced with the Lite in 89 I believe so you don't expect to see a lot of 20 year old+ consoles still running systems.
Take care,
Tracy

...TCC was replaced with the Lite in 89 I believe so you don't expect to see a lot of 20 year old+ consoles still running systems.

I have to disagree; we have lots of members with equipment that old. BTW, the TCC manual is copyrighted 1993.

It would be interesting to see who here is using the oldest console. My money's on the one discussed in this thread: Ariel Davis Lightboard.

Hi Maurice!
Yeah I did not have it either, but Debbie did have a scan so no sweat. TCC was replaced with the Lite in 89 I believe so you don't expect to see a lot of 20 year old+ consoles still running systems.
Take care,
Tracy

Ha! I just took a hybrid Troubadour / Apple II combo offline not 3 months ago. Good fun!

Debbie's the best. I think I will ring her up and tell her so.

I just picked up an old EDI TCC2-12/T. I haven't received it yet, but according to the seller (who purchased it from Ohio University), it powers on and no further testing was done. Looks like it comes in a "trouping case", but it doesn't appear that the case doesn't has a lid. I think I'll spend some time building a couple of those "optional wood endcaps" mentioned in the manual :). It looks like the unit is in pretty good condition, aside from a little dust.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
... Looks like it comes in a "trouping case", but it doesn't appear that the case doesn't has a lid. ...
Believe it or not, the console WAS the lid (one of two). The "bottom" was the SCRimmer dimmer pack.
I suppose you've never noticed that the "little touring case" cover/console, fits onto the "big touring case" dimmers, and you used to have another "little touring case" cover (without a console) for the other side. Hint: put the control cable in the side without the console, so as not to damage the potentiometers on the console.

Whaddya know, 12x2.4Kw (or 3.6Kw) dimmers, control, and cable, all in one easy-to-travel package that fits in a 1975 Ford Country Esquire simulated wood-paneled station wagon, perfect for doing that show at the polo grounds. Lighting fixtures, load cables, and feeder sold separately. ...

From the PDF attached to the wiki entry TTI:
(Older units, but I hope you get the idea)
6381-need-manual-old-edi-two-scene-preset-edicase1.jpg

6382-need-manual-old-edi-two-scene-preset-edicase2.jpg

Attachments

• EDIcase1.jpg
    EDIcase1.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 418
  • EDIcase2.jpg
    EDIcase2.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 408

Users who are viewing this thread

Back