Never too old to learn

WildBill

Greetings from the east coast!

Long story short, middle aged man been doing tech theatre since I was 12. Went to college, learned how to do it with all the time in the world and resources, soon realized that wasn't reality. Worked prof. in Boston, LA, Philly, then turned to teaching others how not to kill the actors. Presently working/teaching at a private school outside Philly for another 3 weeks and moving to sunny northerm California to take a position at a much more technically and facility advanced school. Very excited for new position and re-learning how much fun it is to love your job, love to be better at your job, and to teach others the wonders of technical theatre.

So, I'll be lurking a lot, but being a noobie to the site, may not say much unless I have unique experience in any one particular example. I would love to connect with other teachers (HS or college - since with better HS training, college will be more rewarding) as far as styles, examples, and collaboration.

Hope I can throw some insight and input once in a while what won't ruffle feathers,
WB

"never too old to learn", certainly a NECESSITY in this field! Falling into "the same old thing" can be damning.

Welcome to Control Booth Wild Bill, I hope you find this site rewarding. It certainly is a wealth of knowlege, experience and ideas. One of the best features being that there are so many different people here with different types of experience, so you won't be out of place throwing in alternate insight. Personally I feel such is very important.
There are also quite a few teachers here for you to connect with, I believe mostly from the US; however we do have members from literally around the globe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back