New but not really...

Hi there all. My name is Todd Michael Taylor. (no coincidence) This is my first time posting on here, but certainly not my first time reading, enjoying, or learning from this forum. With that said a few of the senior members who will read this may have already guessed it, my father is/was Michael S. Taylor. Beans being spilled that probably answers a few of the off the top questions, how I got into the industry, time, ect. I know its been a little while since infamous final load out, but in Dads true fashion, despite everything I've been busy as all get out. So with him on my mind and some good ol' insomnia, I made my self grab his lap top and hop on here. I must say that leaving the light on was more then appreciated and meant a lot more then many may ever know. We spent many a late night discussing topics from this forum. Being in the stage industry has, is, and always will be a key part of my life; there's nothing like it. I could go on for pages about my father and I's relationship, how it led me into the life that i lead, and how thankful I am for it, but I don't reckon this is the post for it. None the less I look forward to spending time here learning, laughing, and discussing topics here on Control Booth.

Also attached are two photos from two very memorable gigs. Seeing how much he was loved on here on CB, I imagine a few of you will really appreciate them. One is from Dew Tour in Ocean City, MD. Which is actually just around the corner again. (We start building in a week!) The other is from a Boxing Gig we did at a university, someone please take note and remind me to share said story. Dad may have already. The two pictures do have one thing in common, if you knew the two of us you could understand how much these two pictures truly encompass our relationship.

Welcome Todd. I'm glad you are here. Being a Dad myself, I'm sure your's is very proud of you sharing his life passion and carrying it on now in his absence. Don't be a stranger. You will always be welcome here... as long as you eventually get around to telling that boxing story. ;)

Welcome to Control Booth Todd, always happy to see more from the industry joining in on our discussions! Great to see you follow in your father's footsteps indeed. I'd love to hear some great stories!

Glad to have you Todd! Your joining shows the impact your dad still has around here. It's good to have a Taylor on board again and I know we're all looking forward to many more discussions.

Via tapatalk

Hey Todd,

It's great to see you here. Those pictures are excellent. Very much looking forward to those stories.

Hope you will make this place your online home!

-dvsDave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back