Control/Dimming New Martin Full size Console

Here are all the details Martin has released so far.

getattachment.jpg

What more do you need to know?

It looks like it lights up, and maybe has a few buttons and faders on it. Perhaps a touch screen or three too. Thats about all I'm willing to commit to at this point, though, based solely on the pictoral evidence.

I hope it comes with a rollout of another good software update. The last version of Mx fixed a boatload of problems, but there are still so many even though the Mx software is great software. Stuff like when you try to readdress a fixture and it changes the universe of the fixture without asking you and if you click the wrong thing it unpatches something from another universe. So as long as you remember to do [address]/[universe] syntax you're fine otherwise there's a problem. Maybe they'll also finally allow virtual intensity channels for LEDs. They also need to fix the issue where the console resets effects offset/shift values when you're not looking. I absolutely love how the Mx series software handles effects, but it can really be a royal pain when the console resets the shift values across multiple parameters. They also need to add playback capability to the Function buttons on the M1 and any Function buttons that this console includes. They need to have a useable fixture editor that doesn't make me want to punch the console screen every time I try to use it. They need to finally include LED pixelmapper they've been talking about, which I consider a necessity on any modern console. And lastly, I want it to bake cookies. This has been a rant based on my experiences with the current Mx software on the M1. I love the console and how the effects operate as parameters and how easily I can make override handles to control speed or size of anything but there are some quirks that just need to get fixed to make it more useable. Hopefully Martin won't continue in their rut of releasing consoles before the software is mature, because they have yet to figure out how to do that properly.

ETA: The other feature that I really would like to see is more features of the Function keys. They seem oddly limited right now. I would like to be able to do page selection from them - press F1 and with that one key press go to Page 1 of subs, Page 1 of main playbacks, or page 1 of both. I heard in the last update that "direct page selection" was coming, but then it just turned out that it was a F key for Page so that you could press that key and then enter a number. Also the lack of implementation of macros is troublesome for certain tasks.

And for a full size console I hope they have a number of playback buttons becuase sometimes just 10 faders ain't enough.

Last edited:
It's funny to me that every photo I've seen is from that EXACT same angle...

This photo is from the ETC NY office, which, from what I hear, is the only place they've showed it off to programmers so far.

Martin M6 (New Martin Full-Size Desk)

Martin has finally released their latest full-size desk, the M6. The most notable feature is the split T-bar section that looks like it was taken right out of a video mixer. I wonder how they will implement that in media control.

8637-new-martin-full-size-console-m6.jpg

Anyways, straight on to the product pages: here's the youtube video,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and here's the martin product page and the press release.

I really like how you can customize the layout by moving modules around and even swapping out modules with MaxModule panels (they show a Max Module Submaster panel installed in one of the configs in the video). I'm glad they brought back the fader belts, because they make things so easy to control (as long as they aren't as buggy as the ones on the original Maxxyz, which I'm sure they're not). There are also encoders next to each display and under the center mini-screen.

(I was going to add this to the "New Martin Full-size Console" thread but it was full of stuff about the EOS Ti.)

Attachments

• 631.jpg
    631.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 219
  • m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 564
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Martin M6 (New Martin Full-Size Desk)

Dual Main Go? Awesome, we are back to Insight era tech!

(Also insert the "What happened to the M3-M5 consoles!?")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back