mamills

Hello all. I guess at this point, I'm the newest member to Controllbooth. My name is Mike, I'm 53 years old (sometimes I feel much older considering some of the things I have experienced during my years in the Theater). I have been involved in theater/backstage work for at least the last 40+ years of my life. I have worked on so many productions, plays, concerts, talent shows, student lab productions, community theatre programs, (and even a few events while I was working with the IATSE local in Houston about 35 years ago) over the years that I could not possibly name (or remember) them all. My experience in the theater has been virtially all in the tech area - primarily lighting, sound, and rigging. The wonderful memories I do have could fill volumes, and I value every one. Presently I am a member, and board member, of a small local community theater group in Wharton Tx, where I live. Since the theater group's formation, I have served as its lighting designer, house electrician, and sound engineer, as well as performing somewhat less glamorous functions as vacuuming the auditorium after a performance or unstopping the toilets in the rest rooms :). But, I still love all the time I spend with the group, and hope I will be able to continue for many more years.

Mike

P.S. How many of you got your start by working on a stage crew in elementary, junior high or high school? Those are perhaps some of my fondest memories of all..:)

Welcome to the booth Mike, I got my start in a poorly maintained hs theatre where our only gels were "burnt out orange and burnt out blue."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back