New to CB

BGray

Hey All,

I heard about this site through the Lightnetwork.com... Can anyone give me a lowdown on how things run around this site and how it differs from LN?

Thanks,

Brad Gray
Lighting Designer/Electrician

Brad,
HI. Welcome to Control Booth. I am also a member of Lightnetwork as well as other forums and email lists (can't have too many contacts now can you?). The first thing that you should know is that we have a different demographic here at CB. This forum is educational, geared towards high school, college, teachers, and volunteer organizations, so that they can learn to become productive and safe members of the theater community. Like myself, there are many industry professionals who regularly contribute to this forum as a way to help those who may need our advice as well as to share our experiences.

You are less likely to get TSO rolled here.

Since we strive to help out our fellow crew members (and many of them access this site through filtered educational servers), we ask that you present yourself in a professional manner by refraining from vulgarity and practice good grammar in an effort to prepare you for future employment.

Don't get me wrong, we still have fun. If you become a paying member, you will have access to additional forums including the Off-topic section.

If you need any help, the Senior Team and Moderators are here to make your experience on the forum the best possible.

Again, welcome to the booth.

Also, no eels or torkels show their face around these parts! We also have a bit larger grouping of different areas of production. Scenery and audio are pretty lively discussed here along with many other departments expanding every day.

sent from my HTC Incredible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back