Newbie in need of help w/ Fader on Obey 10

BBK228

I have a very simple setup, but being unfamiliar with DMX, Lighting controllers, etc am having trouble deciphering my owner's manuals to find the info I need.
I have 4 LEDSplash 200B LED fixtures, an Obey 10 controller and all DMX cables connecting then. The fixtures Dip Switches are set correctly and appear to be working ok. I have created a bunch of scenes using the method - Programs->Create a scene (ex. 1001) -> select fixture 1-> adjust colors using the faders (2-red, 3-green, 4-blue)-> repeat for fixtures 2-4 ->add, then go to 1002 to set next scene. This works so far as using the up and down buttons to go from scene to scene (though the controller seems a little quirky about this, skipping from program to program, not always just up or down 1).

What I would like to do is assign each of my scenes (or at least 16 of them) to the faders so we can move from scene to scene manually. This would also make it so the scene lighting isn't always at 100% of whatever I set it to when creating it. This seems like it should be really basic, but nothing in the manual seems to address it. Am I approaching this wrong? Mis-reading something in the manual? Overlooking some painfully obvious function?

Thanks in advance for any and all attempts to help me along here.

As far as i know the Obey 10 doesn't have that functionality. When I get home I'll see if my 40 can do it (they didn't change much from the 10 to the 40).

As far as i know the Obey 10 doesn't have that functionality. When I get home I'll see if my 40 can do it (they didn't change much from the 10 to the 40).

Thanks for responding - I look forward to hearing what you find. This seems like a pretty basic function to not have. Why have a product with a price point aimed at casual users and have it do all sorts of things a casual user would not need and not have it do something basic? Or, as I said, maybe I am approaching this wrong and should be setting it up differently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back