Not much of a plot?

Anvilx

I'll be attending an art festival in dallas later this week. So I go to do my research on the venue and find this on the website:

proxy.php

Is it just me or does this seem kinda vague?
I wish they would just snap a few shots of what it actually looks like...

Oh and if you happen to be attending isas, I would be curious to know.

Looks like a standard UIL area plot to me. Do they expect you to be able to use this drawing for anything?

That looks almost exactly like the plots we received for UIL. Sure, it's far from ideal, but it can definitely help give you an idea of what to expect when you get there.

That looks almost exactly like the plots we received for UIL. Sure, it's far from ideal, but it can definitely help give you an idea of what to expect when you get there.

But really. Cant they spend maybe a HALF HOUR in VectorWorks making a nice looking one? Heck, its probably simpler to do. And it would be in 3d.

But really. Cant they spend maybe a HALF HOUR in VectorWorks making a nice looking one? Heck, its probably simpler to do. And it would be in 3d.
Why would you assume that someone who hung a plot with 9 giant areas would own and know how to use Vectorworks?
That does look like a UIL plot. Most places hang 15 areas. I have 20. The only venue I've ever competed in that had 9 areas was Hogg Auditorium at the state meet. Sad, huh?

Looks to me like there is a moat around that stage. Should be fun =D

Why would you assume that someone who hung a plot with 9 giant areas would own and know how to use Vectorworks?
That does look like a UIL plot. Most places hang 15 areas. I have 20. The only venue I've ever competed in that had 9 areas was Hogg Auditorium at the state meet. Sad, huh?

Well it looks like they hired a production company to put it together.

Tex, where in Texas are you located?

Well it looks like they hired a production company to put it together.

Tex, where in Texas are you located?
I'm in the Fort Worth area. We have some "production companies" here too. :p
What kind of venue is it? Is it a school?

considering most designers use between 6-8ft acting areas you can get some idea of scale.

and as far as how many areas. why would use 15-20 areas in a space that only requires 9?
Good point. From what I've seen over the years, however I would guess that those areas are not actually large enough to cover the entire stage and it's going to have black holes. I've seen venues light 9 areas using 9 ellipsoidals.:rolleyes:
I would rather have a greater number of smaller areas for versatility. If I need a large area, I can combine areas to make a larger one. Smaller areas make it much easier to isolate a scene or actor or to light multiple areas while keeping them separated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back