Nova Flower Lamp Issues

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
Got this tour out that’s been in and out a few years now. This year the shop bought 2Kw upgraded fixtures instead of the constant rented 1.2Kw ones for it.

Novalight: Nova-Flower: HTI 1200w/D7/60
Omni System: NovaLite Flower: HTI 2000w/D10/60

The former is what the tour was renting, the latter is what fixture we bought. Problem is even this past week, installed into the gear we own, the HTI 1200w/D7/60 was including this light, now installed into all the fixtures we bought this year - all the fixtures are getting that same lamp even on lamp change into the new fixtures for the tour. No lamp changes have installed the 2Kw lamps we bought with the fixtures or went back out on the tour in it’s next leg by request for the 2Kw lamp. Tour is out, spare lamps for the fixtures we bought are in my lamp cage, last week a lamp was installed into a fixture, wasn’t the 2Kw lamp, was a 1.2Kw lamp. Was I think the final of six fixtures we bought I can now track that have 1.2Kw lamps replaced for the tour, and inspecting each lamp removed, they have all seemed like 1.2Kw lamps removed from the 2Kw fixtures we bought in replacing them with the same 1.2Kw lamps.

The 2Kw lamp is 1.15/16" longer in LCL than the 1.2Kw lamp and shouldn’t fit in the fixture I would think. (I would easily notice a 2" difference in replaced lamp I track and will have noted in being odd.) I’m confused in lamp/fixtures at this point. Assuming we bought the spare lamps for the fixtures currently out on tour from the same source and on the same PO as we bought the fixtures, how could the different lamp fit and be removed from it?

I’m assuming we don’t own two fixture types of the 1.2Kw and 2Kw size that’s possible, but thinking instead is it possible to install a 1.2Kw lamp into such a fixture? My notes on both brands/suppliers are also short on links thus also no notes in correct for what we bought though I remember the latter lamp proper for what we bought in asking my local supplier about the lamp and being told it’s only available in Europe, thus buying it thru the fixture supplier. This the 2Kw lamp that’s never been used.

Possible that we did buy the 2Kw Nova version and it came with 1.2Kw lamps and they fit? Totally confused about this lamp/fixture/brand combination as of today when Nova #1 came back in having been changed - a week later.

Got these very expensive 2Kw lamp spares that have never been used even if all of our fixture lamps have been replaced so far. Bought the 2Kw replacement lamps with the fixtures, yet only 1.2Kw lamps have ever been used. Specification as I remember in buying the new fixtures in checking if I could buy cheaper the replacement lamps was for the 2Kw lamp... Yet they seem to be using my Mac 2K lamps I buy in bulk.

Very curious.

Last edited:
No thoughts so far it would seem. At work, someone came up with the 1.2Kw lamp link to the Nova light fixture, but I remember and have seen in what we bought was a somehow 2Kw version of the light. Lamps in checking into buying cheaper was only available thru EU sources for 2Kw. Saw the specifications for the fixture we bought and remember it as 2Kw, but that was like Feburary and my E-Mail deleted such mails since than. There was a debate about this upgraded 2K lamp for the specified fixture we were buying as to how to buy it and we did buy the replacement lamps with the fixtures.

So, in a Nova Light Flower.... is there in existance a 2Kw version? Perhaps we thought we bought it and did buy spare lamps for it, but instead got the 1.2Kw version and stuck with the 2Kw spare lamps? Seeing 1.2Kw lamps installed into fixtures I thought 2Kw and should not fit.

Last edited:
I believe there is a version out there that is upgraded to the 2000W lamp. It is not the same base, and is a larger lamp. I don't stock it in the USA as there was so little demand for it over here. The 2000W lamp is still available in Europe though and can be obtained through international lamp distributors like Multi-Lite, Bulbtronics, and Kennedy Webster to name a few.

I'm not sure if this will paste legibly... but here is how they differ:

Name Watts Volts Current (A) Lumens Length (mm) Diameter (mm) Arc Gap (mm) Base
HTI 1200W/D7/60 SHARXS 1200 100 12.7/13.8 110,000 136 21 7 SFc10-4
HTI 2000W/D10/60 MAXI SHARXS 2000 105 19 200,000 220 28 10 SFc15.5

Thanks for the reply and conformation on it existing. I remember seeing the fixture specification sheet for this fixture we were buying and it was for the 2Kw lamp thus we bought the lamp with the fixture. Only the lights we got seemingly were using 1.2Kw lamps by way install records of install. This problem has been thrown back into the lap of the person that bought the fixtures and in the end spare lamps for them = did Omini Systems ship us a fixture that used a 1.2Kw lamp with also 2Kw spare lamps by way of sales person mistake and nobody catching this? I'm sure the tour will have liked a more powerful fixture but there was a total screw up seemingly at the supplier level, and given the fixtures are 1.2Kw now as we rented in the past for it, somehow that more powerful idea didn't get noted in getting done.

Just kind of amazes me that here I am doing year end inventory and I note these spare lamps, yet on the same day I also note one of the "nova light" lamps having been changed with a 1.2Kw lamp just last week. Fixtures bought for only one tour, than two more for a second tour - six now owned, but seemingly all the same lamp. Thanks none the less TBA what the buyer figures out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back