Control/Dimming NSI 1616 board - Static scenes fading

sstolnack

I'm running an NSI 1616 board, using the preset buttons to switch between static scenes. Every once in a while, the light board will fade a preset out without warning. The sliders for the same lights will still work when the preset fades out, which makes me think it's not a dimmer issue, but the preset button will not turn the lights on for a few minutes. After a few minutes, it will start responding again. It has only happened on presets that have been up for a while, and has happened on both a single light preset and a general wash preset.
Could this be some auto-fade setting or something of the sort that isn't clear in the manual? Any other ideas?
Edit: now having fade time issues as well, the "fade rate" slider will either be over 8 seconds or at 0.

2nd Edit: The scene fading unexpectedly has stopped happening, but the fade time set by the "Fade Rate" slider is not working. It is either 0 count or about a 10 count. I'm assuming that the board is just old and needs to be replaced, but any other ideas? or temporary solutions for the week?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back