Control/Dimming NSI MC 24/48

jcgreen29

I need some help with an MC 24/48 control board. Upon turning it on the Status window is backlit but blank, the monitor is not receiving signal and I currently have no control of any of the lights with the dimmer. I have done a hard reset as well as checked to make sure that all cables are set well within the board. Any ideas? Have you seen this before? Thanks for any help.

Do you have two video outputs? This symptom can show up if the second video card fails.
If you do have a second video card installed, please remove and try doing factory default again.
Otherwise, we would recommend you contact us at 800-959-6004 or [email protected] to have the unit sent in for evaluation.

I second the above post but in ours we found a blown pico fuse on the second video card. removing the card allowed the unit to work properly again, albeit with only one monitor. We replaced the fuse ourselves but we had several competent electronics techs on the crew at the time, myself included, though i did not perform the repair. that was two years ago and I am no longer at that location but do tech support for them still and the board has been working flawlessly ever since. I don't remember the value of the fuse off the top of my head....

If you ask me it is a poor design that the optional card can prevent the whole thing from booting up without even an indication of the problem, but what do I know? I hated that thing anyway, they bought it new in 05 and it has a floppy as the only storage? It wasn't what we asked for though it was part of the "Value Engineering" that screwed so many aspects of that space........but that's a tangent.

Pull the card and see if it works, then fix it or send it off to someone who can.

If however you do not hav the second video out, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Let me add that if your unit is under warranty you should send it in as attempting to repair it yourself will void the warranty. also if you have no repair skills you will need to send it in. The fuse is an SMD so you will need to be able to desolder and solder them proficiently. also that may not be the only problem. we had major power fluctuations in that building and we felt confident that a surge must have taken out the fuse, and like I said, two + years later still going strong.

By the way leviton tech support was great and I have no issues with them other than the 24/7 tech support was a voice mail account afterhours, not really what I would call 24/7 but they did get back to me the next day. we were in the middle of a show so it was a major bummer. that's also the main reason we opted to fix it ourselves, no time to wait for it to come back, and the dual monitors are extremely useful.

Anyway leviton will treat you right, I didn't want anyone to interpret my comments as a bash or anything. Any vieled anger in that post was because of the memories of a bad situation at that location, not Leviton.

+1 on Leviton/NSI tech support. Bought my first dimmers and controllers from them almost 40 years ago and the rare times I've needed service it is done quickly and correctly.

-1 for support in Australia, I go through 3rd parties for help, the local support is awful.Fortunately the several boards I have imported have been flawless, never seem to get any of the problems I hear on this site, must be the reversed magnetic field.
I spoke too soon, my latest import doesn't work, however something has happened at Leviton, the service is now outstanding, totally supportive and helpful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back