Control/Dimming NSI NCM 1600 Stage Lighting Controller ----does not power up

clb3chey

i just got this board and new eliminator dimmer paxs to use in a band gig....the board does not power up and the dimmer pax show no dmx signal present from the board-------any suggestions or ideas?...i have checked the xlr cables and connnections--------eliminator dimmer pax are standard dmx and should power this board from talking to the rep......thanks in advance for any help......also looking for a repair shop to send the board in.....

This board is a microplex board. It will not speak to DMX packs. You will need some form of a protocol translator.

Also, the NCM series receives power from the NSI dimmer packs through the Microplex I/O (+/- 15V per manual). You can buy a small wall wart for the board to compensate for voltage drop over long distance. If you are using this board with the protocol translator, you will need the wall wart to power the board.

If your board needs repair or you have any specific questions, contact Leviton / NSI directly. They have been trememdous help to me in the past and offer fair prices for complete refurb jobs. Follow this link to contact them.

Last edited by a moderator:
That board has Microplex outputs, not DMX; your dimmers seem to be incompatible with your board, though part numbers for your dimmers would make this easier to determine. NSI Microplex dimmers generally provide power for the board, this isn't the case with DMX dimmers. You'll need a separate power supply for the board, and a Microplex to DMX converter such as the NSI/Leviton IF-501.

Also, and please don't take this the wrong way, but a little bit of editing in the grammer department would make that post a lot easier to read.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back