Obey 40

Edward McNee

Good day from the Great White North.
I've been using the Obey 40 now for over a year and love it..my only downfall is being able to grab an individual fixture while others are on.
Chauvet says it's possible and I've gone through the manual and looked online but to no avale.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Happy Halloween and keep an eye out for the Great Pumpkin!
Edward Mcnee

Good day from the Great White North.
I've been using the Obey 40 now for over a year and love it..my only downfall is being able to grab an individual fixture while others are on.
Chauvet says it's possible and I've gone through the manual and looked online but to no avale.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Happy Halloween and keep an eye out for the Great Pumpkin!
Edward Mcnee
@Ford Possibly you could help @Edward McNee
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

It's been awhile since I have used an Obey, but I believe it's only technically possible to grab a single fixture in Programming Mode. If you are attempting to change levels in between scenes in Playback, I don't think it will do that. Well, it would if you switched back to Programming, but that change would be lost when switched away from Programming. You'd have to create a scene for each change you're looking for.

These boards are LTP (Last take priority.) When you bring up a pre-recorded scene and then select a fixture, nothing will happen until you move a control. Once you do, that channel will jump from it's preset to wherever you moved the slider to. This can be a pain if, for example, you have a preset pan or tilt and the fader is at a position that is far away from the preset. As soon as you move it, the fixture will wildly swing to the DMX value the slider is at. In other words, there is a momentary lack of control before you have the fixture at the new position you wanted it to be at. Same with color/gobo/etc. As soon as you call up a new scene, THAT scene take priority until you move the slider again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back