One "hot" play...

also why pyro should not be done by high school students. TRAINED PRO's Only even if it comes with directions also. why was it a plug in and it goes system. That would indicate to me that it was cheaply made and most likely homemade. Two big red flags to me. we used flash pots once here at our school, our TD loaded it plugged it into our control box then went back to the booth, (ours was rigged to trigger off a midi signal). but not having a button on the device to set it off is a huge issue.

I was Nathan in Guys and Dolls at a SPiT house. Just before "Good Old Reliable..." the USL leg catches fire complete with flames! We stopped the show and evacuated the theatre. 90 minutes later, the fire department let us back in and we finished the show for the entire audience who had patiently waited outside. When the grand opened there was about 2 minutes of applause. Go figure...

That's pretty crazy that one light too close caused the whole thing to burst into flames. I have a tech week next week, so if you'll excuse me, I am gonna go find some wood to knock on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back