Paid Acting/fog tech- Cedar Point Halloweekends

josh88

Remarkably Tired.
Fight Leukemia
Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio is now hiring for their 2010 Halloweekends event. They need 400-450 paid scare actors for their haunted houses and outdoor scare zones. The event runs from early middle Sep until Nov. 1st. There is housing available on point as well as car pools for those who can't drive or don't want to every weekend. For anybody who wants to apply feel free to use me as a reference as I am one of the trainers for the event. To apply go to http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/jobs/index.cfm and scroll down till you see apply now. The Job code for acting is 613 and if you would like to be one of the fog technicians who help manage the fog and lighting in the zones the code is 400.

If you apply please let me know so that we can keep track of numbers, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask as I can answer just about anything. Hope to see some new faces this year and hope there are some folks in the Ohio/Lower Michigan area around here interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Josh, this looks like a fun opportunity for many of our members. If any members are hired, I'd love to hear from you about your experience at Cedar Point. We have many members who worked summer jobs there in the past (and in some cases, the really long ago past) and it's always good to hear about a place that has helped many people on their path to become a pro in the technical theatre/live entertainment industry.

This will be my 5th year with the park working the halloweekends event. It's a great line on a resume but more than that its a ton of fun and a really unique experience on the actor or the tech side. They don't need much help for set up, that is done in house, but they do hire techs to run and monitor zones checking fog, lights, etc. Lots of great experiences and stories and a great family. This is the most ambitious year yet, and I do hope some folks around here are free to experience it. I help run the "scare school" and help run the actor side and am close with the tech side of things as well. Again it's a ton of information about specifics but the app only takes about 10 minutes to fill out, and I'm available to answer any further informational questions.

Is the job college friendly? In other words, would i be able to get in on a Friday and be back by monday morning? I would love to diversify my job experience, but college can get in the way of a bunch of these type of gigs. Not interested in acting, but would be interested in working tech.

its is absolutely college friendly, In fact I started working for them my freshman year of college and have been back every year. Basically after you fill out your application there is a short phone interview and you can tell them you're a college student and you'd have to be back at certain times. Depending on what area you're covering the fog techs can show up anywhere between 4pm to about 7pm on friday and work till midnight and then because we're going later on sundays this fall you can simply tell them that and they work around it pretty well. I think everything shuts down at 10 on sunday so you could work that whole time and just have a late night getting back, or leave earlier if needed.

A large chunk of the actors and techs are college students and the park is used to working around schedules like that. It certainly can be and is done often.

any other questions feel free to pm me or post here, the apps and phone calls are going out so hiring has begun, but we'll be hiring actors as late as early october and techs as late as early september.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back