Painting astroturf

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
I have a job coming up where the client wants putting green Astro turf painted in bright dayglo colors like pink and yellow. Any thoughts on how to best prep, prime and paint the turf for the best possibly longevity in an outdoor environment? Product recommendations would be helpful.

It’s easy to find colored Astro turf online, but the specific putting green turf selection is much more limited.

I have a job coming up where the client wants putting green Astro turf painted in bright dayglo colors like pink and yellow. Any thoughts on how to best prep, prime and paint the turf for the best possibly longevity in an outdoor environment? Product recommendations would be helpful.

It’s easy to find colored Astro turf online, but the specific putting green turf selection is much more limited.
Outdoor or indoor use? Required life expectancy? Budget?

Outdoor or indoor use? Required life expectancy? Budget?
Outdoor, one season. I’d like it to wear well for half the season or so, not all scuff off in a week. Whatever it takes as long as it’s not too outrageous, I’m a little over three weeks from expected install.

Most of the 'turf' is polypropylene and finding a paint that sticks to that will be the challenge. The colored turf I've seen was producer-dyed at the filament stage. I think this will be the route you'll end up with.

Only think I can think of (and this is NOT my wheelhouse mind you...) is that Rustoleum now makes paint for plasticized things like vinyl. I just sided my home before I sole it with the nicest color green (Palm) and a year later go back and the dope painted my beautiful green house with gray. Also grayed out my custom wrought Iron railings and the scrolling inlays in the garage and front door windows. I thought he actually re-sided the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back